Monday, May 7, 2012

An Unseen Hand

Good Morning Bloggers;

I hope that with this latest and newest post, All are doing quite well.
Can You believe this beautiful Spring!? How I love this time of the year!----Every thing so green and growing.----Trees, flowers, shrubbery, animals. There's something so beautiful, innocent when watching a little calf frolicking so playfully in a field or a colt trying its wobbly gangly legs for the very first time. Or a rabbit hopping along, Frogs singing they're songs just down the lane at the nearby pond. Or the long mournful yet hauntingly beautiful Night song of the Whippoorwill----It seems to go on endlessly through the night....Just last night I sat outside on the porch swing for the longest time, listening to not only one but several Whippoorwills, they suddenly flew off in the distance leaving one to continue serenading me for the next hour or so, until I became sleepy and retired for the evening.

It's raining here in the Mountains of Kentucky this early morning. Yesterday evening, I took a short nap, "Power naps" as we now call them. Funny how only a few short years ago, they were simply called a "Cat nap" I will have a very busy Monday afternoon, but couldn't sleep at the moment and while I had a few minutes I wanted to share a new post.
A few years ago, I wrote a Poem titled, "Ride Out The Storm" Perhaps a little later I'll share it.
It seems these days my posts are so few and far between. Hoping this will change at some point in the near future.
Yet in-between the busyness of the weeks, months I would enjoy adding more and I'm sure I will as time goes on.
While I was sitting outside listening to the night sounds, my thoughts returned to the seriousness of my situation. I have been through many trials throughout my lifetime and try to look for the lesson in the adversity, the trial. Sometimes it's not always easy and sometimes there just aren't any answers. Perhaps many years later, we find ourselves still seeking, searching for those answers to our questions, yet none are forthcoming.

Ten years ago,  when I lost my husband in a wreck, my life was turned upside down.
 Life as I knew it, was now gone. It was devastating and what compounded the hurt was the bitterness, the hatred and anger, the greed of his extended family and the denial of  fault from my husband's former employer.  I suppose one could expect denial of any fault or wrongdoing from a company, but one's family?! Even to this day, they do not speak to me as though the wreck was somehow my fault.
 There were many details surrounding the wreck, I was not only  unjustly treated unfair, morally and ethically but legally as well,by both the company and my husband's family, there was also the very real possibility of  malfunctioning equipment being a contributing factor to the wreck, yet that same equipment was hidden then disposed of quickly afterward by the company my late husband had been employed.

Not only did this happen but the behavior of his family made matters so much worse.In addition to all of this; some very serious legal issues had arisen from seemingly out of nowhere involving a member of my own family. All was simply too much to deal with at one time. In other words, I had to choose my Battle and I chose to take a Stand and Fight for my family member in their own battle, even though, in the process it cost me my home, property and nearly every thing else as well.
Yet, I truly believe God does give back to His obedient children. He will give us Beauty for Ashes. He will re-pay, Vindicate His Own, in His own timing and in His Own way.

While in-between the almost nightmarish ordeal of helping my family member, was the devastation of losing my spouse, any one who has gone through such a loss, also knows how truly tragic it is and something one may accept with time, yet never get over. The profound loss will always be there, yet God is our Comforter, the Strength of our heart and portion forever!

During this time, I was having to endure and try to deal with  extremely malicious under-handed behavior from my husband's family, there were times, it was almost too much to bare. Yet, my Faith has been Strong. My Strength came from being down on bended knees in Prayer to My God and Creator. Someday very soon,  I plan to write a book detailing my experiences during my loss in the hope that it will help someone else and maybe prevent someone else from having to go through what I did.

In retrospection; looking back on such a tragic time in my life, I have wondered whether such behavior from my husband;'s family was really worth it? Oh, I know they gained monetarily without any doubt whatsoever. Yet,  there have been times, I have wondered  whether it is realized at the time.,and I'm sure most of the time it isn't, especially when those involved seem to lack any conscience whatsoever while caught up in the middle of the mistreatment of others.
Yet, someday Greed and its consequences will  be difficult to live with----regrets shall without a doubt be many, then again maybe not. But it doesn't really matter. I forgave them of their mistreatment of me. I Pray for them, for they surely need Prayer.
While I have my memories of my late husband and to me they are worth more than gold. They haven't many at all.....When the stories he told, sadly were not of too much laughter or happiness spent with his family.

Yet,  I have peace that comes only from a life lived in Jesus Christ,  I am satisfied with my life, enjoy many hobbies and most of all my Faith walk, my spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ. Certainly as a Christian; I desire an even closer walk still and  I also have the assurance that someday I will see my husband once more....Though a very sad circumstance to learn the ways of some people., it has not left me neither cyncical or the least bit jaded. Quite the contrary , I simply refuse to allow the viciousness and greed of others to make me angry or even bitter.

 Today, I strive toward being that much more kind to others, I try to help others in any way I possibly can.... I Love People! I seek friendships with those who have honest and loving hearts.Where there is mutual love, respect. Until that time I had not encountered such mistrust, such greed and malice.
It also hurt when there were attorneys I had retained to help me with the circumstances, yet they were uncaring and unkind and simply after what money they could possibly gain by trampling upon the legal rights of a devastated very young widowed woman.

Though I do not visit my late husband's family even now, after the years have went by., when I see them at a distance whether it's out shopping or briefly in passing on a street. I see tired faces, worry and stress in they're eyes. Perhaps they have faired quite well financially, yet spiritually, emotionally it's very doubtful and I am very sorry for them and as I continue to Pray for them, my Faith is released and I know it is all in God's Hands.

Even now,  I still haven't all  the answers, the "why" of it all.,  yet through Faith and Trust in God, I have accepted that His Sovereign Will be done. There is something about knowing deep down inside within our Spirit, in our hearts that our times are in God's Hands, Our very lives are safe and secure with Him. When we accept Jesus Christ as The Lord and Savior of our lives, we receive His Salvation and He lives within our hearts. It's like we're saying, admitting, knowing " OK I Know You are God, and I Know You are in Control------I am trusting You, Lord to Work it All Out Somehow......Because it's in You're Word and It is True that You have a Good Plan for my Life, no matter what has happened, what has been done, What evil has occurred to try to Destroy Your Children, You Have it All Covered.

What absolute Blessed Assurance it is in knowing this!-------and by the way, the family member who found themselves in their own terrible battle back then, came through the battle with flying colors!------Yet, today this same precious yet misguided family member has managed to land themselves once again into some hot water and once again I seem to have been nominated to come to the rescue at the expense of being falsely accused myself. Yet, this time, the circumstances are much different, I am not devastated by the loss of my beloved, I am not going through several situations as during that time, and it's somewhat of a strange thing, remember when I mentioned at the beginning of this post? "Sometimes we must pick our battles"....


One of the attorneys who was involved in the legal case all those years ago, whom I felt was also very much aware and involved in the unjust treatment?-----is also involved in this case with my family member.
Circumstances are as it may be, with the recent false accusations made against me, they have simply cost the company of whom they are representing, a great deal by making such false statements public.
Yes, God will Vindicate His Children whom Love and Serve Him When the innocent are being unjustly treated..... once is too much, yet a second time!? The Creator of heaven and earth will not sit idly by and watch His children be destroyed.


A little more about my background; Since the age of six years old, I "knew" God existed,  sometimes when I think about it, I find it quite amazing that a six year old, could be play- riding on a toy horse, then look around and suddenly have many very substantial logical questions ......When a very real knowing that Someone Created every thing!.......I "Knew" He is real......Yes indeed, The REAL Deal----when I was eight, I began attending church with my family and was Saved. At the age of twelve, I was Baptized. Furthering, Strengthening, Deepening my Spiritual Faith Walk with Jesus Christ.. I'd be the first one to admit, I fall short of His glory, almost daily. Yet, I Love Him, He Loves me in spite of my shortcomings, my failings, my faults,,  I am a Work in Progress....His Masterpiece, we all are......His Greatest Creation!


 I Place my Faith and my Trust in Him..........The Unseen Hand leading Guiding, Giving me His Peace imparting His Love, His Joy into my heart........ Simply because You cannot see Him, Doesn't mean He isn't there, Friends.
You Cannot see the Wind blowing can You?------ Yet You can see the leaves on the trees move, the trees themselves bend in the Wind. So it is with Him, and His Holy Spirit, We know not where it comes from Yet, He is here, His Everlasting Love is True and Precious......


Last night, I thanked Him for the Song of the Whippoorwill, for the joy and serenity it brought me.
For His Love and Peace I felt., in spite of the very troublesome events and circumstances surrounding the legal battle my family member has been involved in and perhaps unwittingly involved me, placed somewhere in the middle of it all. In the midst of the false accusation the adversity turmoil and trial, I Know God hears my Prayers, He has me Covered and He is in Control., He will take what is meant for my harm and work it out for my Good. We do our part, all that we know to do, then simply stand still and wait upon the Lord to move in His time.


The Lord speaks to us, to our hearts in so many many ways.
Through His Word, through His Creation, through other godly people, I've been told that some have heard an audible voice. That would simply be too Awesome for Words, indeed! Yet, most of the time we hear Him speak to our hearts, to our conscience in that Precious still small voice... and our Heart Hears His Loving Kindness.,as He extends His Mercy and His Grace With arms opened wide; an invitation welcoming all who will come and receive Him. His Love and Light is Eternal and that Light Guides me..
Come what may, tomorrow....that Unseen Hand is leading guiding, Protecting and I am Safe under those mighty Wings..
And to use a poem by the named author below:

~*An Unseen Hand*~

~There is an unseen hand that pilots me
Guiding my boat upon life's troubled seas
When the waves so high billow

O' how they roar
I feel an Unseen Hand
A gentle touch once more

Leading me on
Showing me the way
Safely to shore
There is the light of day

For my Savior, Lord Jesus
 It is He who leads me on
Guiding my boat safely toward Home
 Copyright ©2012  S.A. Lawson

Until next time, may The Love of The Good Lord, Lead Guide Protect and Keep You








No comments:

Post a Comment